About the role
As a Senior Media Planner you will work in partnership with the Media Director, managing the day-to-day process of all media planning efforts for clients of responsibility.
- Successfully implement the media planning process and assist management of the strategic and tactical execution of all media products.
- Works in collaboration with Media Director, Clients and/or Account Services to determine media objectives and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Assesses composition of a wide range of media vehicles to establish which will most effectively reach the target and manage daily tasks in support of the media product.
- Display a strong understanding of Digital Media and Planning skills across all disciplines/platforms (Programmatic, Social, Influencer).
- Confer with media representatives to evaluate best placement.
- Gather statistics and prepare media plans with directives to guide the buying process.
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for print, broadcast or online advertising.
- Calculate reach and frequency of potential media vehicles.
- Present media plans to Media Director, Account Services and/or Client for approval and adjust as necessary.
- Write plan presentations.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams along with Media (Content & Experience and Planning) to encompass all aspects of the Client’s Campaign.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the Client’s business.
- Stay up to date on media trends.
- Motivate team members and encourage innovation and creativity throughout all projects by serving as a role model within the group/team.
- Present and sell plans to agency management and Clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Demonstrable experience of Media Planning.
- Strong mathematical abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to occasionally travel to support markets or client events.
- Exhibit knowledge of traditional media channels (TV, Radio, OOH, Print).
alma is a modern culture marketing agency known for highly effective, award-winning segment-led creative campaigns. Working with a broad roster of clients, including McDonald’s, Molson Coors, PepsiCo, Wells Fargo, CVS Health, Google, State Farm and others, alma unlocks culture for brands by harnessing the power of emotional storytelling to move people.
With a team that hails from over 30 countries, the agency has fueled exceptional business growth through creativity, earning 32 Cannes Lions and 21 Effie Awards, as well as numerous One Show, Clio, ANA, and New York Festival Awards. alma has been named to Ad Age’s prestigious A-List seven times and has earned “Agency of the Year” titles from El Ojo, El Sol, FIAP and USH Ideas, all while nurturing a culture of accountability, curiosity and collaboration. With access to Omnicom’s global network, alma has offices in Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Tallahassee. To learn more about alma and the agency’s work, visit www.almaad.com, or follow us at @almaagency.