About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Planner to join our culture unlocking, creative inspiring, brand growth driving, award-winning Strategy team. In this role you will partner with and foster strong relationships across the agency and client teams, while collaborating with Creative and Account teams to deliver on-strategy ideas. We are looking for someone who is passionate about culture and will seamlessly join our naturally curious and collaborative work environment.
- Partner with and foster strong relationships across agency and client teams.
- Develop brand strategies and write creative briefs.
- Brief and collaborate with Creative and Account teams to deliver on-strategy ideas to clients.
- Participate in research initiatives, from identifying learning gaps, to research design and execution, to analysis and presentation of findings.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to uncover opportunities, generate insights and aid in creative development.
- Collaborate with client partners to give them deeper insights into the dynamics of their business, especially as it relates to target consumers.
- Analyze short-, medium- and long-term account needs, determine team objectives and identify the necessary critical tasks to achieve these objectives.
- Monitor and interpret trends in culture, and actively contribute to agency IP initiatives.
- Support new business activity where required, championing pitches, either directly or indirectly.
- Curious, collaborative, accountable, and passionate about advertising and culture.
- Demonstrable experience in a brand planning role or equivalent experience.
- Ability to inspire and influence others, building effective relationships with colleagues, clients, agency partners and suppliers.
- Experience using and interpreting syndicated research, quantitative data, and other types of research.
- Ability to confidently report findings to others in a clear and compelling way.
- Risk taker who is open to change and who has a knack for developing unconventional ideas, original opinions, and insights.
- Team player who listens and shows respect for other points of view.
- Motivated to continuously learn and share knowledge.
- Organized individual who can prioritize, meet deadlines, improve processes, be a guardian of the bottom line and manage time effectively.
- Ability to travel part time.
- 5-8+ years working within the multicultural segment a plus.
alma is a modern culture marketing agency known for highly effective, award-winning segment-led creative campaigns. Working with a broad roster of clients, including McDonald’s, Molson Coors, PepsiCo, Wells Fargo, CVS Health, Google, State Farm and others, alma unlocks culture for brands by harnessing the power of emotional storytelling to move people.
With a team that hails from over 30 countries, the agency has fueled exceptional business growth through creativity, earning 27 Cannes Lions and 10 Effie Awards, as well as numerous One Show, Clio, ANA, and New York Festival Awards. alma has been named to Ad Age’s prestigious A-List six times and has earned “Agency of the Year” titles from El Ojo, El Sol, FIAP, and USH Ideas, all while nurturing a culture of accountability, curiosity, and collaboration. With access to Omnicom’s global network, alma has offices in Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Tallahassee. To learn more about alma and the agency’s work, visit www.almaad.com, or follow our social accounts at @almaagency.